Research has shown that the longer a newly recovering person remains engaged in treatment and in a supportive, structured, recovery-oriented environment, the better their chances at long-term abstinence.
REI encourages all residents to be active in a 12-step fellowship by regularly attending meetings, obtaining a sponsor and attending recovery oriented events. We also promote unity and a sense of family in our residences by having monthly dinners, bowling nights, game nights, holiday parties and other group activities. We hope that our residents can once again engage in hobbies and activities that they enjoyed prior to their addiction and find their sense of self in their new recovery.
Uniquely partnered with The Gate House, REI residents are able to participate and take advantage of recovery services (outpatient and intensive outpatient groups and individual counseling) through Gate House Behavioral Health Services.
All of our recovery residences offer:
- Zoning compliant locations with professional safety measures in place
- Quality communities convenient to bus stops, 12-step meetings, local businesses, grocery stores and other supportive services
- Cable, phone, desktop computer and high speed wireless internet services
- A live-in house manager at every location and a full-time, on-call coordinator
- Professional management and oversight by The Gate House
- A unique opportunity for residences to obtain outpatient and intensive outpatient drug and alcohol counseling through Gate House Behavioral Health Services
- Supplemental food, cleaning products, bedding, kitchen appliances, washer/dryer, and transportation to house activities
With a professional referral, residents of Capitol Area Counties (Dauphin, Lancaster, Cumberland, Perry and Lebanon) and Health Choices residents of York and Adams Counties may be eligible for a scholarship during the first few months of their residency.